Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shikamoo!

Well the initial leg of my journey went without a hitch- I now have 4 hours to kill in JFK airport awaiting my first flight to dubai ;) I am very excited about the Emirates flight though.. per Ed's report, beer is free and there are 500 movies. I hope they have a good stout available!

I also just received email from both Sky Tanzania and the Hotel Kilimanjaro that my reservations and travel accommodations have been made from Dar International to the hotel, back to the airport the next day, and then to Mwanza. Things move at a significantly different pace in Africa, and I am sure this will work wonders for my excessive type a-ness.

--

Kiswahili lesson of the day: Shikamoo (prounounced "sheekamoo" is a greeting used showing high levels of respect, it is reserved for those who are older than you and is roughly translated to "Hello."

2 comments:

  1. 'Frankie Goes to Africa' is good, in an 80s, New Wave, RELAX-don't-do-it kind of way, but I think you missed the obvious blog title:

    TANKZANIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. true. i did miss that, and it is infinitely more awesome.

    ReplyDelete